Black Ruthenium Tank Plating Solution
|Ruthenium concentration||5 g/l|
|Plating Factor||0.015 A/cm2|
|Plating rate (PF: 0.015)||0.1 µm/min (see notes below)|
|Anode||Platinised titanium or MMO (mesh)|
|Ruthenium content in plate||99.9|
|Blackness L* (CIE Lab measure)||48 – 55 (See notes)|
|Stress (tensile)||Very high (brittle)|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||Over two years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||2796|
- Plating up to 0.3 micron on sterling silver and 18-carat gold possible.
- Do not plate over 0.1 micron over 24 carat gold or fine (0.999) silver. This includes silver and gold plated layers.
- If plating over 24 carat gold or fine silver, flash with an 18 carat gold layer first in order to plate over 0.1 micron.
- Plating over copper or its alloys (brass) requires a barrier layer of 0.5 micron minimum of nickel then plate in 18 carat gold.
- Blackening effect decreases with an increase in thickness. Maximum blackness (L* < 47) is obtained below 0.2 microns.
- The ability to plate in recesses decreases as the amount of blackening agent is increased.
- Plating rate decreases as the amount of blackening agent is increased.
Watch Our Video
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.
Tel: 01225 329 463
Available for the UK and Europe only
About our Special Orders
Some items are regulated for transport and have to be sent separately using our separate Special Orders shopping cart. They can only be delivered to destinations in the UK and countries within the EU. Before placing your order, please read our Special Orders instructions HERE