Copper Electroforming Solution
Spa Plating’s copper electroforming solution has been developed to work not only with standard copper electrodes but also with our system using rod electrodes in place of copper electrodes.
A major source of particulate contamination, which causes both dullness and roughness, is particulate contamination from using copper electrodes.
Using Rod Electrodes and anode bags eliminates the source of particulate contamination together with the requirement for regular filtration.
Please click HERE for video help with placing an order on our Special Orders shop
Scroll down for more info.
Our Copper Electroforming Solution quickly deposits a smooth shiny layer of copper on conductive and non-conductive materials and is designed to work in tandem with our Electroforming Kit.
- Single-shot additive system.
- Filtration not required when used with Spa Plating’s equipment.
- Total process control using our online calculator.
- Come premixed and ready-to-use.
- Makes for the ideal bench-top electroforming system.
- We strongly advise against the use of air agitation with all electroforming
solutions due to health and safety issues associated with airborne copper mists.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Plating Factor||0.035 – 0.05A/cm2|
|Plating rate||1.0 micron per minute at 0.05A/cm2|
|Temperature||18 – 30°C (See notes)|
|Agitation||Low (slow spin speed on stirrer) See notes below|
|Brightener||Single brightener. Initial concentration: 25ml/litre|
|Electrode (bagged)||Copper Electrode for Tank Plating recommended|
|Cathode efficiency||Above 99% at Plating Factor = 0.035A/cm2|
|Hardness of deposit||160 VPN falling to 100 VPN over 5 days at room temp|
|Density of deposit||8.9 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Corrosive|
|Transport (UN number)||2796|
- If particulate contamination enters the solution, filter using our filter kit.
Please note that if using copper electrodes, continuous filtration will be necessary. If using
rod electrodes, the solution should only need occasional filtration if at all.
- Brightener additions should be made at the start of plating if possible. Additions can
be determined using the Copper Electroforming Calculator by clicking Here
- Higher temperatures favour less burning on exposed areas ie: sharp edges or pointed parts.
- Solution should only be lightly agitated with the stirring rate set to minimum. Too much
agitation will disturb any copper residues in the anode bags causing them to enter the
solution which will produce a rough deposit.
- After starting from a long period of inactivity, add 5ml of Copper Brightener per litre of
- Build up of blue crystals is usual on the electrode ring. Remove by scraping them
back into the solution and allow to dissolve before commencing plating.
Watch Our Video
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.
Tel: 01225 329 463
Available for the UK and Europe only
About our Special Orders
Some items are regulated for transport and have to be sent separately using our separate Special Orders shopping cart. They can only be delivered to destinations in the UK and countries within the EU. Before placing your order, please read our Special Orders instructions HERE