Copper Brush Plating Solution
Our Copper Plating Solution plates fast to create a beautifully lustrous finish of fresh copper. It can also be mixed with our White Bronze Mixer to make white bronze plating solution which can be used as an undercoat when plating on to pewter. Recommended electrode – copper.
|Plates fast and shiny.||Making a base layer for other more expensive plates, such as silver.|
|Can be mixed with our Bronze Mixer to make white bronze.||Plating a barrier layer between copper and gold, for example when plating on non-conductive surfaces.|
|Not suitable for brush plating plastics.||We do not recommend this solution for brush plating on plastics. PP Copper Brush Plating Solution is has been designed for this purpose.|
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||4 volts|
|Temperature||Above 15 °C|
|Gold Concentration||36 g/l|
|Electrode||Copper, Carbon or Platinum(see notes)|
|Gold content in plate||99.8%|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, Platinum electrode)||2 microns per minute (spot)|
|Density of deposit||8.9 g/cm3|
|Stress||Low – medium stress|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
Please click HERE for a link to some of our gold brush plating information in our Electroplating manual
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.