Copper Strike Brush Plating Solution
A copper plating solution which is cyanide-free and developed for plating adherent, undercoat layers on to steel, zinc, zinc-based die cast (pot metal). Plate at 4 – 4.5 volts and use a Carbon Electrode.
Copper Strike Brush Plating Solution delivers all the benefits of an industry standard cyanide copper solution but without the toxic content.
As a key layer it is ideal for plating on to zinc and steel. Subsequent thicker layers of copper can be built up with our Copper Brush Plating Solution or you can plate directly over it with our Nickel Brush Plating Solution.
It plates quite well when applied over a zincated aluminium surface which could be of practical use when conforming to standard required for the plating of aluminium busbars.
We do not recommend this product for plating decorative layers on aluminium articles such as iPhones and other aluminium mobile devices.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||4.0 – 4.5 volts|
|Temperature||18 – 25 °C|
|Plating Rate at (4.5 volts, Platinum electrode)||Over 2 microns per minute (spot)|
|Density of deposit||8.9 g/cm3|
|Stress||Medium – high stress (recommended for flash coatings only) – See notes below|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||Not restricted as per Special Provision A197 for: ADR/RID, IMDG and IATA.|
- Copper strike is designed as a key layer and not for build up. We don’t recommend plating above 1 micron.
- A thicker layer can be built up using Copper Plating Solution after copper strike plating.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.