Gold Brush Plating Solution
This gold electroplating solution is ideal for decorative and functional applications including jewellery, electrical contacts, gold plating on plastics and much more.
Gold concentration: 8 grams per litre
Gold Plating Solution has been formulated to be one of the hardest wearing and fastest gold brush electroplating solutions available. This fact, coupled with its fantastic coverage, makes it our best selling product. We incorporate a preservative into the mix which gives it a very long shelf life, leaving the gold in the the solution and not at the bottom of the bottle as with some other gold plating chemicals.
Gold content: 8 grams per litre.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||3.0 – 4.5 volts
|Temperature||14 – 25 °C|
|Gold Concentration||8 g/l|
|Electrode||Platinum or Carbon (see notes)|
|Gold content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon)|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, Platinum electrode)||Approx. 0.5 micron per minute (spot)|
|Hardness||220 – 230 Hv|
|Density of deposit||19.3 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Harmful|
|Special considerations||Contains potassium cyanide (0.3%)|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
Watch Our Video
Please click HERE for a link to some of our gold brush plating information in our Electroplating manual
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.