Gold Flash Brush Plating Solution
Gold Flash plating solution allows you to plate a 24 carat gold thin coating of gold. It’s an economical alternative to full gold plating and is most useful as an intermediate layer for plating stainless steel, nickel and nickel containing alloys with silver or plating thin, decorative deposits on items such as costume jewellery. Gold content: 2 grams per litre.
|Allows electroplating of a thin layer of strongly adherent gold.||Before applying another layer of plating, for example when silver or palladium plating on stainless steel, nickel and its alloys. 24 carat thin coats of gold: electronics, optics – reflectors – and where the item is going to be protected with a clear lacquer layer.|
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||4.0 – 6.0 volts
|Temperature||14 – 25 °C|
|Electrode||Platinum or Carbon (see notes)|
|Gold content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon)|
|Plating Rate at (5.0 volts, Platinum electrode)||Approx. 0.12 micron per minute (spot)|
|Hardness||180 – 190 Hv|
|Density of deposit||19.3 g/cm3|
|Stress||Low – medium stress|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||Over 3 years|
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
To find out about how to use our Gold Flash Brush Plating Solution, please see the guide in our Electroplating Manual HERE.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.