Gold Strike Xtra
This brush plating solution is does the same function as Gold Strike but has twice the gold content. It only plates slightly faster but has twice the coverage of Gold Strike. Like Gold Strike, it plates very adhesive layers on to difficult-to plate metals such as chrome, surgical steel and dental alloys.
Standard swabs can be used with this solution, however for longer life we recommend using the S-Type Swab which can be purchased HERE.
Recommended voltage: 3 volts
Gold concentration: 4 grams per litre
Please click HERE for help with placing an order on our Special Orders shop
- Plates at the same rate but more than twice the coverage of Gold Strike
- Strike plates chromium, tungsten, dental alloys and more
- Recommended thickness: 0.1 micron
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Temperature||20 – 25 °C (see notes)|
|Gold Concentration||2 g/l|
|Electrode||Carbon or platinum|
|Gold content in plate||99% – 99.5%|
|Plating Rate at (3 volts, Carbon Electrode, 20 °C)||0.07 micron per minute (spot)|
|Plating Rate at (4 volts, Carbon Electrode, 20 °C)||0.09 micron per minute (spot)|
|Recommended plating thickness||0.1 micron|
|Coverage||10ml will cover 80 cm2 to 0.1 micron|
|Density of deposit||19.3 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Harmful|
|Transport (UN number)||2796|
- when plating in recesses, we recommend using the using the Plating Pen (8 – 10 volts, Fibre Nib).
- Plating rate decreases considerably below 20 °C
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
Watch Our Video
Please click HERE to see a project in our Electroplating Manual demonstrating gold plating with our Gold Strike Extra on to Chrome.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.
Tel: 01225 329 463
Available for the UK and Europe only
About our Special Orders
Some items are regulated for transport and have to be sent separately using our separate Special Orders shopping cart. They can only be delivered to destinations in the UK and countries within the EU. Before placing your order, please read our Special Orders instructions HERE