K-Gold Brush Plating Solution
Our K-Gold contains 10 grams of gold per litre. It should mainly be used as a base solution for mixing with our full range of coloured gold mixers. Completely cyanide free.
Recommended electrode – Carbon
|Designed mainly as a base solution for mixing with our Coloured Gold Mixers||Mixing with Yellow, White, Rose, and Green Gold Mixers and Brass Effect Gold Mixer.|
|Can be mixed with 2 or more Gold Mixers||Creating a huge spectrum of different shades and tints of gold – good for exactly matching colour of original gold plated layer.|
|Can be plated on its own, forming a soft, 24 carat gold layer, completely cyanide free||Mainly functional purposes only. Plate dulls over 0.2 microns but can be burnished to reveal a mirror finish.|
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||Refer to data on label of Coloured Metal Mixer bottle in question. If being used as a stan alone solution – 2 volts|
|Temperature||20 – 25 °C|
|Gold Concentration||10 g/l|
|Gold content in plate||99.9 – 100%|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, Platinum electrode)||Approx. 0.3 micron per minute (spot)|
|Hardness||170 – 180 Hv|
|Density of deposit||19.0 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||Over 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- Plate dulls after 0.2 microns.
- Coating can be burnished to mirror finish.
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes.
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area whilst in contact with the swab.
Click HERE for a guide in our Electroplating Manual to mixing our K-Gold with our Metal Mixers to make shades of rose, green and white gold.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.