Nickel Strike can be used for plating a key layer on to the more difficult-to-plate stainless steel alloys which will help the adhesion of subsequent plated layers.
Please click HERE for video help with placing an order on our Special Orders shop.
Our Nickel Strike has been developed to help when plating on to certain grades of Stainless Steel. A number of stainless steel alloys, especially the more non-corrosive or passive ones, can prove very difficult to plate, even when using our MPU process. Please note that there are still some stainless steel alloys that are extremely passive. In this case it would be a good idea to try our Gold Strike plating solution.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage||3 – 3.5 volts
|Temperature||14 – 25 °C|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, Platinum electrode)||Approx. 0.3 micron per minute (spot)|
|Hardness||620 – 630 Hv|
|Density of deposit||8.9 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||Over 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Harmful|
|Transport (UN number)||1789 PG. III|
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.
Tel: 01225 329 463
Available for the UK and Europe only
About our Special Orders
Some items are regulated for transport and have to be sent separately using our separate Special Orders shopping cart. They can only be delivered to destinations in the UK and countries within the EU. Before placing your order, please read our Special Orders instructions HERE