Silver Tank Plating Solution HB is ideal for building up thick layers of semi-bright to matt silver. It contains a greatly reduced level of cyanide – only one hundredth compared to that of normal cyanide- containing silver plating solutions. Because of this, it can be transported worldwide. Thicknesses of over 500 microns can be plated. Silver concentration: 35 grams per litre
Silver Tank Plating Solution HB
£16.45 – £46.99 + VAT
This silver tank plating solution can deposit layers of pure silver of up to 500 microns and more. For best results, pre tank plate a layer of copper to a minimum of 50 microns, using our copper elecroforming solution.
Silver Tank Plating Solution – HB
|Designed to be used with our electrode ring, fitted with 6 silver electrodes.||Plates fast – over 1 micron per minute is possible.|
|Thick deposits possible.||Especially useful when electroforming.|
|Ductile plate.||No lifting or cracking at elevated thicknesses. Especially useful when electroforming.|
|Room temperature operation.||Can be used at room temperature especially at lower plating rates.|
|No need for anode bags.||Saves on maintenance and gives more room for work in the beaker/bath.|
|The silver from the silver electrodes replenishes the silver plated out from the solution.||Low maintenance.|
Silver Tank HB Calculator
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Plating Factor||0.005 – 2A/cm2|
|Plating rate (low speed)||0.32 micron per minute @ plating factor: 0.005 A/cm2 ( see notes)|
|Plating rate (Medium speed)||0.64 micron per minute @ plating factor: 0.01 A/cm2 (see notes)|
|Plating rate (High speed)||1.30 micron per minute @ plating factor 0.02 A/cm2 (see notes)|
|Temperature||18 – 35 °C|
|pH||9.8 – 10.2|
|Silver concentration||35 grams per litre|
|Agitation||Light to vigorous|
|Electrode||Pure silver (see notes)|
|Silver content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon)|
|Finish||Matt, satin, semi-bright (see notes)|
|Reflectivity of deposit||High: L*96 (CIELab)|
|Hardness||251 MPa (Vickers)|
|Density of deposit||10.5 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Harmful|
|Special considerations||Contains potassium cyanide (1%)|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- Higher plating speeds can be obtained at higher temperatures (30 – 35 °C) and higher agitation.
Excessive current (amps) can result in a burned deposit or passivation of the silver anodes
resulting in an increase in voltage and large decrease in the current.
- As the silver electrodes erode, the maximum current (amps) will also decrease.
Increased agitation, temperature or both will be necessary to retain the same current.
- Plates semi-bright up to 10 microns; over 10 microns, satin finish and above 50, matt.
- In extended testing, the quality of the deposit increases with solution age.
- Coating is easily burnished either in a barrel or by hand to a mirror-bright finish.
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area whilst in contact with the swab.
- After periods of inactivity (months), filtration is strongly recommended.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.