Rose Gold Tank Plating Solution
An 18 karat rose gold solution formulated for tank plating using our tank plating equipment. The system comes complete with two addition agents which control both the colour of the plate and help maintain the solution. For guidance on this, please see our online calculator, which can be found by clicking HERE. Scroll down to read more.
|Formulated specifically for tank plating||Plates consistently bright up to 1 micron|
|Additive system based on online calculator||Helps maintain the bath and keep constant colour of rose gold plate|
|Different shades of rose gold possible||Allows you to plate shades from pale red to red|
|Plates bright and hard up to 1 micron||Wear rate much decreased and increased scratch resistance|
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Plating Factor (PF)||0.01 A/cm2 (see notes below)|
|Plating rate||~0.15 micron per minute at 0.01A/cm2|
|Temperature||50 – 65 °C|
|pH||11.0 – 11.2|
|Gold concentration||2 grams per litre|
|Gold content in plate||75% at 60°C (see notes below on variation with temperature)|
|Copper content in plate||25% at 60°C (see notes below on variation with temperature)|
|Cathode efficiency||~25% at Plating Factor = 0.01A/cm2|
|Hardness||380 – 390 Hv|
|Density of deposit||14.4 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Harmful|
|Special considerations||Contains potassium cyanide (0.35%)|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- Recommended plating thickness between 0.2 and 0.5 micron.
- Temperature: Increasing from 50° to 65°C decreases the percentage of gold by
- Increasing the temperature from 50°C to 60°C almost doubles the plating rate
- Reducing the plating factor (PF) from 0.01 to 0.005 has very little effect on composition
but reduces the plating rate by almost half.
- Adjusting the pH within the range 10.5 – 11.5 has little effect on the composition or
- Plating will start to dull at around 0.5 – 0.6 micron. This effect will be especially noticeable on
the protruding parts of the item which may require further mechanical polishing.
The effect can be reduced by using a higher plating temperature.
- The plating calculator for this solution is an excellent way of estimating the initial maintenance
additions; however, it becomes less effective as the bath ages and we recommend that
the user makes adjustments based on their own standards.
- We recommend storing solution in a bottle if solution is going to be stored for a prolonged period of time.
Recommendations for adjusting the composition (changing the colour) of the deposit by adding replenishers.
- Adding Replenisher A to a new bath increases the paleness of the deposit by increasing the amount of gold
in the deposit. On a fresh bath, Adding 12.5 ml of Replenisher A to 1 litre of new solution will increase the amount of
gold by approximately 2.5%.
- Adding Replenisher B to a new bath increases the redness of the deposit by increasing the amount of
copper in the deposit.
Watch Our Video
Watch more of our videos on YouTube
To see a guide on how to use our Rose Gold Tank Plating Solution in our Electroplating manual, please click HERE
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.