Silver Tank Plating Solution
Our Silver Plating Solution for tank plating contains 25 grams per litre of pure silver. It is designed to be used with our silver tank electrodes (preferred) or mesh electrode and it’s cyanide free.
Please note: The pH of this solution need to be controlled with Silver pH Adjuster which is a special order item.
|Plates bright with minimum polishing back||Great for Up-cycling EPNS (no need to remove all the old silver plate – just prepare the surface with our MPU and re-plate the areas that have worn away);Good for silver plating electrical components to increase conductivity. Can be used as a barrier layer for copper and copper containing alloys and gold when plated to a 3 micron thickness.|
|Cyanide free||Great for using in schools and colleges as it’s low hazard.|
To get the best results from your plating solution you need to adjust the ph if the solution hasn’t been in use for a while. Some final polishing may be needed to bring out a high shine.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Plating Factor||0.005 A/cm2|
|Plating rate||0.3 micron per minute at 0.0075A/cm2|
|Temperature||18 – 23 °C|
|Silver concentration in solution||25 g/l|
|pH||8.0 – 9.0|
|Agitation||very low (Stirring Bar Mini)|
|Electrode||Mesh or silver anodes|
|Silver content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon)|
|Cathode efficiency||~80% at Plating Factor = 0.0075A/cm2 (see notes)|
|Lightness (L*) of deposit||90 – 95 (Cielab)|
|Density of deposit||10.3 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years (occasional filtration may be necessary)|
|Health and safety classification||Irritant|
|Special considerations||None (cyanide-free)|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- Requires filtration especially if stored over 20 °C or in direct sunlight.
- Cathode efficiency with silver electrodes is in excess of 98% on a new solution.
- Completely cyanide free
- A gold flash layer is necessary if plating on to copper or brass.
- A gold or silver flash layer is necessary if plating onto previously tank plated silver.
- If the pH falls below 8.0, the deposit will dull and may flake.
Watch Our Video
Please click HERE to see a guide on using our silver tank plating solution in our Electroplating manual.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.