Silver Tank Plating Solution HB
Silver Tank Plating Solution HB is ideal for building up thick layers of semi-bright to matt silver.
It contains a greatly reduced level of cyanide – only one hundredth compared to that of normal cyanide- containing silver plating solutions. Because of this, it can be transported worldwide.
Thicknesses of over 500 microns can be plated.
Silver concentration: 35 grams per litre
Silver Tank Plating Solution – HB
|Designed to be used with our electrode ring, fitted with 6 silver electrodes.||Plates fast – over 1 micron per minute is possible.|
|Thick deposits possible.||Especially useful when electroforming.|
|Ductile plate.||No lifting or cracking at elevated thicknesses. Especially useful when electroforming.|
|Room temperature operation.||Can be used at room temperature especially at lower plating rates.|
|No need for anode bags.||Saves on maintenance and gives more room for work in the beaker/bath.|
|The silver from the silver electrodes replenishes the silver plated out from the solution.||Low maintenance.|
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Plating Factor||0.005 – 2A/cm2|
|Plating rate (low speed)||0.32 micron per minute @ plating factor: 0.005 A/cm2 ( see notes)|
|Plating rate (Medium speed)||0.64 micron per minute @ plating factor: 0.01 A/cm2 (see notes)|
|Plating rate (High speed)||1.30 micron per minute @ plating factor 0.02 A/cm2 (see notes)|
|Temperature||18 – 35 °C|
|pH||9.8 – 10.2|
|Silver concentration||35 grams per litre|
|Agitation||Light to vigorous|
|Electrode||Pure silver (see notes)|
|Silver content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon)|
|Finish||Matt, satin, semi-bright (see notes)|
|Reflectivity of deposit||High: L*96 (CIELab)|
|Hardness||251 MPa (Vickers)|
|Density of deposit||10.5 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Harmful|
|Special considerations||Contains potassium cyanide (1%)|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- Higher plating speeds can be obtained at higher temperatures (30 – 35 °C) and higher agitation.
Excessive current (amps) can result in a burned deposit or passivation of the silver anodes
resulting in an increase in voltage and large decrease in the current.
- As the silver electrodes erode, the maximum current (amps) will also decrease.
Increased agitation, temperature or both will be necessary to retain the same current.
- Plates semi-bright up to 10 microns; over 10 microns, satin finish and above 50, matt.
- In extended testing, the quality of the deposit increases with solution age.
- Coating is easily burnished either in a barrel or by hand to a mirror-bright finish.
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area whilst in contact with the swab.
- After periods of inactivity (months), filtration is strongly recommended.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.