Spa Plating is now closed until Tuesday 24th August inclusive for summer holidays. All products will be unavailable until then.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
MF Rectifier Mk II
This is a multi-function rectifier that can be used with our pen, brush and tank plating processes. Easy to use with clear controls, it takes up minimal space on your work bench.
For full instructions for setting up your MF Rectifier Mk II for tank, brush and pen plating with the Spa Plating process, please click on the ‘Manual’ tab above.
To get started;
1. Place the rectifier on a firm surface.
2. Ensure the on/off switch at the rear of the rectifier is in the "O" position.
3. Connect the mains socket to an earthed mains socket using the mains cable included.
1. Switch on your rectifier
Switch the rectifier on using the on/off switch at the rear of the rectifier. The switch should now be in the “I” position.
2. The "16v/5A" button
Press and hold the “16v/5A” button until it starts flashing.
3. Setting the volts
Set the voltage using the “VOLT” dial to about 5 volts (anywhere between 4.80 – 5.20 volts will do).
4. Setting the current (amps)
Set the current (amps) using the “CURR” dial to your required setting or that displayed on the relevant Spa Plating Calculator https://www.goldn.co.uk/calculators/
In this example, we have set it to 0.10 amps.
5. Starting the tank plating process
When you are ready to start plating, press the “OUTPUT ON” button which will change from white to green to show the plating tank is powered. The “16v/5A” button will stop flashing.
6. Stopping the tank plating process
When the tank plating process is complete, press the “OUTPUT ON” button which will change from green back to white to show the tank is powered off.
- Input voltage: 230 volts AC at 50Hz
- Output voltage: 1.0 – 15 volts DC
- Output current:0 – 5 amps
- Constant current facility available (see product details and manual)
- Power: 78 watts
- Efficiency at maximum power: 83%
- Ripple voltage: 30 millivolts
- Cooling system: Air
- Protection system: Short circuit, overload
- Negative supply, positive supply and floating ground options available
- Dimensions: 55mm width x 134 height x 300mm depth
- Weight: 1.5kg
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £200
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.