Spa Plating’s palladium brush plating solution contains 10 grams of palladium per litre and is an ideal low-cost, low-hazard alternative to platinum and rhodium plating solution. It also makes an excellent alternative to nickel and white bronze when plating a barrier layer between copper and gold. Recommended electrode – Carbon or Platinum. For similar products to palladium brush plating solution, please see the ‘Related Products’ section below this tabbed panel.
Palladium Brush Plating Solution
£35.81 – £132.45 + VAT
Plating a stainless steel watch case with palladium plating solution. For a fully illustrated project on palladium brush plating, please see our Electroplating Manual by clicking HERE. To work out how much palladium solution you will need and how much it will cost to plate your item, please click HERE for our Plating Calculator.
- Makes a great alternative to rhodium plating giving an authentic 18 carat white gold or platinum plated look.
- palladium plating solution (unlike rhodium) doesn’t etch materials made of calcium carbonate such as pearl and coral, so you won’t have to worry about masking out these materials before submerging them in your palladium plating bath.
- can be used as a substitute for nickel as a barrier layer for gold plating on copper and its alloys.
- can be used as an alternative to silver as it doesn’t tarnish and is hard-wearing.
- Very low porosity – excellent for corrosion protection.
- Readily wettable by solder and dissolves a lot more slowly than gold in the solder making it an excellent top coat over gold for electrical contacts.
Operating Parameters and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||3.0 – 3.5|
|Temperature||18 – 25 °C|
|Electrode||Carbon or Platinum|
|Palladium content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon, nitrogen)|
|Lightness (L*) of deposit||70 – 72 (Cielab)|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, carbon electrode)||0.6 micron per minute|
|Density of deposit||11.85 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.