Get complete plating portability with our battery powered plating pen. Ships with 3 x AAA long life batteries included. Ideal for gold plating jewellery and PCBs. This plating pen forms the core product in three of our pen plating kits; the battery powered gold and silver pen plating kit, the battery powered brush and pen plating kit .
Please note the Battery Powered Plating Pen includes the Platinum Pen Electrode but does not include nibs.
This pen includes a crocodile clip protector which should be slipped over the crocodile clip between uses. This prevents the crocodile clip touching the battery pen electrode and running down the batteries while the pen is in storage. Please click on the ‘Examples’ tag for guidance on this.
By following these simple steps each time you use your Spa Plating battery operated plating pen, you'll ensure its optimum performance and long life.
NB these instructions DO NOT apply to the most recent upgrade to our battery powered plating pens. Guidance for maintaining our current style battery powered pens can be found on the relevant product pages.
1. Procedure for storage after use
Remove the nib from the pen.
2. Battery cover
Loosen the battery cover.
3. Electrode assembly
Unscrew the electrode assembly.
Rinse the assembly well, concentrating on the electrode tip.
5. Leave the pen unassembled to dry out. Leave it unassembled until you’re ready to use it again.
Procedure for start up
6. Check the contact on the battery for any possible corrosion. If necessary, clean with a dry, abrasive pad.
7. Check the back plate of the electrode assembly for dirt. If necessary, clean off with an abrasive pad.
8. Screw the electrode assembly back in to the battery holder.
9. Tighten the battery cover (don’t over tighten).
Make sure the nib is fully wetted with the solution and in the case of pointed or paddle nibs, the back of the nibe cantacts with the electrode.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £200
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.