Our Gold Flash Tank Plating Solution can be used for flash coating copper and its alloys prior to tank silver plating and for gilding layers up to 0.2 microns.
It’s ideal for plating costume jewellery and as a low-cost alternative for display purposes.
The shade of gold plated by this solution resembles that of 24 carat gold.
Gold concentration: 1 gram per litre
HS Code: 3824 99 70
How to use this calculator :
1. In the first box, chose the thickness of gold that you want to plate to; 0.1 micron or 0.2 micron.
Please note that after 0.2 microns, the plating dulls off.
2. In the second box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
3. In the third box, chose the speed at which you want the gold to plate; Slow, Medium or Fast.
4. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
5. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier and the plating time.
6. Read off the Temperature that will be required for your choice of plating speed.
7. Note that this solution does not require agitation.
8. Read off the volume of replenisher that needs to be added to restore the original gold concentration in the solution.
9. The approximate cost of solution used and weight of gold are shown in the final two boxes.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
||0.02 A/cm2 (see notes)
||0.045 – 0.145 micron per minute at 0.01A/cm2, (see notes)
|Maximum plating thickness
||18 – 60 °C (see notes)
||4.3 – 4.5
||1 grams per litre
||Mesh or Platinum Rod Electrode (preferably bagged)
|Gold content in plate
||99.9% (balance carbon)
||Between 3 and 12 at Plating Factor = 0.02A/cm2
||170 – 200 Hv
|Density of deposit
||Low – medium
|Special storage requirements
||1 – 2 years
|Health and Safety classification
|Transport (UN number)
||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport
- The plating rate varies considerably with temperature and agitation at any
fixed plating factor.
- Cathode efficiencey varies considerably with agitaion.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £200
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.
Please click on the link below to download the SDS for this product: