Gold Tank Concentration Calculator
How to use this calculator
After you have been using your Gold Tank Plating Solution for a while, it’s a good idea to check how much gold you have left in your solution, if you want to be confident you’re plating the correct thicknesses of gold. This is particularly the case if you’re aiming to plate to a vermeil standard of 2.5 microns.
1. Weigh your palladium plated test strip and enter the result into the Weight of Concentration Test Strip Before Plating (grams) field.
2.Plate your Palladium Plated Test Strip for 15 minutes in your Gold Tank Plating Solution.
3.Weigh the plated test strip again and enter the results into the Weight of Concentration Test Strip After Plating (grams) field.
4. Enter in the amount of Gold Tank Plating Solution you are using into the Volume of Tank (ml) field.
5. Press the Calculate button.
6. The figure in the Concentration of Gold (grams/litre) field tells you how much gold is now in your plating solution.
7. The figure in the Addition of Replenisher to restore concentration to 4 grams/litre (ml) field tells you how much how much of our Gold Tank Replenisher you need to add to your Gold Tank Plating Solution to return it to 4 grams of gold per litre concentration.
For instructions on how to use this calculator, please see below.