How to use this calculator :
1. In the first box, chose the thickness of gold that you want to plate to; 0.1 micron or 0.2 micron.
Please note that after 0.2 microns, the plating dulls off.
2. In the second box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
3. In the third box, chose the speed at which you want the gold to plate; Slow, Medium or Fast.
4. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
5. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier and the plating time.
6. Read off the Temperature that will be required for your choice of plating speed.
7. Note that this solution does not require agitation.
8. Read off the volume of replenisher that needs to be added to restore the original gold concentration in the solution.
9. The approximate cost of solution used and weight of gold are shown in the final two boxes.