This single shot Nickel Tank Maintenance Brightener is used to maintain a suitable level of brightness.
You can estimate the addition using our online calculator which can be found by clicking on the tabbed panel to the right called ‘Calculator’.
HS Code: 3824 99 70
Nickel Tank Plating Calculator
Amp and Time Settings
How to use the Nickel Tank Calculator :
1. In the first box, enter the thickness that you want to plate to in microns.
2. In the second box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
3. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
4. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier, the plating time and the amount of Nickel Tank Maintenance Brightener to add before starting the plating sequence.
5. The weight of nickel plated is shown in the final box.
How to use the pH Control Calculator :
1. Measure the pH of the Nickel Tank Plating Solution and enter the result in the box marked ‘Actual pH’.
2. Enter the pH that you wish to attain in the box marked ‘Desired pH’.
3. Finally enter the volume of the plating tank/beaker.
4. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
5. Read off the weight of Nickel pH Adjuster to add to attain the desired pH.
8ml/litre (see notes)
1.4 ml/ampere hour
Special storage requirements
Over 2 years
Health and Safety classification
Transport (UN number)
None: Not classified as dangerous for transport
Calculate additions using our online calculator.
Over addition will result in a stressed deposit leading to, in extreme cases, cracking and lifting.
Over addition can be compensated for by plating out and performing a bend test
to check for cracking.
Under addition will result in loss of brightness.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £200
International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.
You can access our MSDS by scanning the QR code which is on our product bottles.
Here is a video to show you how;