Gold Tank Calculator
Click on the following link to see a video of how to use this calculator
NB It will open on a new page so you’ll have to back space to return to the calculator.
How to use this calculator :
1. In the first box, enter the thickness that you want to plate to in microns (thousandths of a millimetre).
2. In the second box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
3. In the third box, enter the gold concentration (for a new solution that’s 4 grams per litre).
4. In the fourth box, enter the speed at which you want the gold to plate (microns per minute).
5. In the fifth box, ender the volume of solution purchased (ml).
6. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
7. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier and the plating time.
8. Read off the Temperature and the degree of agitation that will be required for your choice of plating speed.
9. The concentration of gold remaining and the volume of replenisher is shown in the next two boxes.
10. The cost of solution used and weight of gold are shown in the final two boxes.