Blackening agent is used for the maintenance of Black Rhodium Tank Plating Solution and Anthracite Gray Rhodium Tank Plating Solution. You can find out how much to used by using our free online calculator.
Please note: Rhodium Tank Blackener is designed to work only with Black Rhodium or Anthracite Grey Rhodium Tank Plating Solution.
HS Code: 3824 99 70
How to use this calculator :
1. In the first box enter the temperature at which you are plating.
2. In the second box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
3. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
4. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier, the plating time and the volume of replenishers to add before starting the plating sequence.
5. The weight of rhodium plated and the approximate cost of the job is included in the final two readouts.
10ml per litre of blackener
Anthracite grey (see notes)
20ml per litre of blackener
30ml per litre of blackener
Blackish (see notes)
Approx 1ml per 0.1 gram of coating
Special storage requirements
6 months minimum
Health and Safety classification
Transport (UN number)
Not classified as dangerous for transport
Anthracite Grey Rhodium Plating Solution is supplied ready-to-use with
blackener already added.
Coating begins to haze over 0.25 microns
Blacker coatings are obtained at lower temperatures.
An overdose of blackener will result in a slowing of plating rate and hazing
of the deposit.
Some items are regulated for transport and can only be delivered to destinations in the UK and countries within the EU. Alternative or substitute products are detailed in the ‘Description’ tab of this tabbed panel or under Related Items below this tabbed panel.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.
You can access our MSDS by scanning the QR code which is on our product bottles.
Here is a video to show you how;