Spa Plating’s palladium tank plating solution contains 6 grams per litre of palladium and plates only slightly less white than our rhodium plating solution. Please read the Product Details and Tech Specs tabs for more details.
Palladium Tank Plating Solution
£82.78 – £284.22 + VAT
Palladium tank plating solution makes a great alternative to rhodium tank plating when re-plating white gold wedding and engagement rings and it can be shipped outside the UK and the EU. It is also safe for jewellery items that include elements that are made of calcium carbonate such as pearl or coral, as it doesn’t etch this kind of material. In the accompanying photograph both the silver bead and the pearl strand it was threaded on was safely immersed in the palladium solution, without the pearl being masked out. To work out how much palladium solution you will need and how much it will cost to plate your item, please click HERE for our Plating Calculator.
- Makes a great alternative to rhodium plating giving an authentic 18 carat white gold or platinum plated look.
- palladium plating solution (unlike rhodium) doesn’t etch materials made of calcium carbonate such as pearl and coral, so you won’t have to worry about masking out these materials before submerging them in your palladium plating bath.
- can be used as a substitute for nickel as a barrier layer for gold plating on copper and its alloys.
- can be used as an alternative to silver as it doesn’t tarnish and is hard-wearing.
- Very low porosity – excellent for corrosion protection.
- Readily wettable by solder and dissolves a lot more slowly than gold in the solder making it an excellent top coat over gold for electrical contacts.
Palladium Tank Calculator
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Plating Factor||0.0075 A/cm2|
|Plating rate||0.17 micron per minute at 0.0075A/cm2|
|Temperature||48 – 52 °C|
|pH||7.0 – 8.0|
|Palladium concentration||6 grams per litre|
|Agitation||very low (Stirring Bar Mini)|
|Palladium content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon)|
|Cathode efficiency||Above 90% at Plating Factor = 0.0075A/cm2|
|Lightness (L*) of deposit||70 – 72 (Cielab)|
|Density of deposit||11.85 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- Use Mini Stirring Bar for all beaker sizes.
- Recommended thickness: 0.5 micron (2 and a half minutes plating time).
- Non-acidic: can be used for plating jewellery with sensitive materials like pearl, abalone
- Polishing required for thicknesses over 1 micron.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.