Our nickel tank plating solution has been developed for use from room temperature up to 50 centigrade.
It comes as a ready-to-use solution with all the relevant brighteners added. A link to this product and other nickel tank plating related products can be found below in the ‘Related Products’ section.
Although this nickel tank plating solution can be used at room temperature, by operating it at a higher temperature, greater plating rates and lower-stress deposits can be achieved.
HS Code: 3824 99 70
Convenient single-shot brightening system.
Eliminates the chance of brightener imbalance.
Can be operated at room temperature.
Can be used with our Magnetic Stirrer only.
If hand polishing, we recommend the copper plating stage as copper is a
lot easier to polish than nickel.
Nickel Tank Plating Calculator
Amp and Time Settings
How to use the Nickel Tank Calculator :
1. In the first box, enter the thickness that you want to plate to in microns.
2. In the second box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
3. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
4. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier, the plating time and the amount of Nickel Tank Maintenance Brightener to add before starting the plating sequence.
5. The weight of nickel plated is shown in the final box.
How to use the pH Control Calculator :
1. Measure the pH of the Nickel Tank Plating Solution and enter the result in the box marked ‘Actual pH’.
2. Enter the pH that you wish to attain in the box marked ‘Desired pH’.
3. Finally enter the volume of the plating tank/beaker.
4. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
5. Read off the weight of Nickel pH Adjuster to add to attain the desired pH.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
0.02 A/cm2 Note 1
0.2 micron per minute at 0.01A/cm2
0.4 micron per minute at 0.02 A/cm2
97 – 100%
18 – 50 °C Note 2
Semi bright – bright Note 3
4.6 – 5.2 Note 4
74 grams per litre
Low – Medium
Anodes (rod electrodes)
Nickel Rod (bagged)
Nickel content in plate
99% (balance carbon, sulphur)
Density of deposit
Special storage requirements
1 – 2 years
Health and Safety classification
Transport (UN number)
None: Not classified as dangerous for transport
If a high plating factor is used, agitation will need to be increased.
Higher temperatures facilitate higher plating rates (by allowing for
higher plating factors) and lower stress deposits.
Brightness can be increased by adding Nickel Maintenance Brightener
as per the Nickel Tank Plating Calculator. If solution has been lost to
carry-over or spillage, a calculated addition of Nickel Initial Brightener
will be required.
Our nickel plating bath can run at a plating semi-bright deposits
indefinitely without the need for brightener additions.
The pH usually increases with usage and can be reduced using Nickel pH
This needs to be weight out and calculated using the as per the
Nickel pH Adjuster.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £200
International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.
You can access our MSDS by scanning the QR code which is on our product bottles.
Here is a video to show you how;