Rhodium Tank Plating Calculator
How to use this calculator :
1. In the first box enter the temperature at which you are plating (see Notes below).
2. In the second box, enter the thickness that you want to plate to (see Notes below).
3. In the third box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
4. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
5. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier, the plating time and the volume of replenisher to add before starting the plating sequence.
6. The weight of rhodium plated and the approximate cost of the job is included in the final two readouts.
The solution plates twice as fast at 40 centigrade than at room temperature.
Plated layers in excess of 0.5 microns are very brittle and can be prone to peeling.
We recommend a thickness of between 0.1 and 0.3 microns.