Our Black Nickel Tank Plating Solution plates a very black coating after a 30 minutes.
As the black coating is very thin, we recommend that you apply a clear coat of lacquer after plating. This deepens its blackness and glossiness and increases its wear resistance and anti-corrosion properties.
If it’s not possible to lacquer, we recommend a rub with our MetaSeal.
The typical uses for a black coating like this include solar cells, bathroom fixtures and automotive parts.
For a full kit list for black nickel tank plating using our equipment, please click on the blue tab above marked ‘Examples’.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
||0.02 micron per minute
||0.5 – 0.6 micron (about 30 mins process time)
||15 – 22 °C
||5.0 – 5.8
|Lightness (L*) of deposit
||Nickel Rod Electrode (no anode bags)
||520 – 550 Hv
|Density of deposit
||4.5 – 5.5 g/cm3
||Very high stress
|Special storage requirements
||1 – 2 years
|Health and Safety classification
|Transport (UN number)
||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport
- To work out the amp setting for the MF Rectifier mrk 2, multiply the surface area of your work by the plating factor of the solution (0.0015).
- Blackness reaches a maximum at approximately 0.5 microns.
- Lower temperature favours blacker deposits.
- The pH of the solution rises during plating and can be adjusted back down with Nickel
Use the the Nickel Tank Calculator page as a guide to how much adjuster to add.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.