The Gold Pen Plating Solution HB plates heavy deposits of gold. It is useful for building up gold on worn contacts on printed circuit board repair work and high-end jewellery applications.
This solution plates a shade of gold with a slightly redder hue which approximates to between the Swiss watch industry standard of 2N and 3N.
Gold concentration: 25 grams per litre
Voltage: 5 – 6 volts
HS Code: 3824 99 70
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
||5.0 – 6.0 volts
||14 – 25 °C
||Platinum Pen Electrode/Carbon Pen Electrode
|Gold content in plate
||99.9% (balance carbon)
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, Platinum electrode)
||Approx. 0.5 micron per minute (spot)
||220 – 230 Hv
|Density of deposit
|Special storage requirements
||Away from sunlight
||1 – 2 years
|Health and Safety classification
||Contains potassium cyanide (0.45%)
|Transport (UN number)
||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.