High Speed Gold Tank Plating Solution can plate at rates above 0.3 micron-per-minute, twice the rate of our standard gold tank plating solution. This solution contains 4 grams of gold for every litre of solution.
This solution plates a shade of gold similar to that of our Gold Tank Plating Solution.
HS Code: 3824 99 70
Our High Speed Gold Tank Plating Solution, when used with our on-line High Speed Gold Tank Plating Calculator, means you’re now in complete control of the gold plating process.
Plating to vermeil standard requires a layer of gold of at least 2.5 microns on sterling silver and this solution will help you plate to these kinds of specific and substantial thicknesses of gold.
You’ll not only be confident that the layer of gold you’ve plated is of a uniform thickness, you’ll also know how much gold is left in your remaining plating solution and therefore how long it will take to plate your next item to the same or a different specification.
Our High Speed Gold Tank Plating Kit also offers you the flexibility of plating larger objects in our 500ml, 1 and 2 litre capacity Plating Beakers.
High Speed Gold Tank Plating Calculator
How to use this calculator :
1. In the first box, enter the thickness that you want to plate to in microns (thousandths of a millimetre).
2. In the second box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
3. In the third box, enter the gold concentration (for a new solution that’s: 4 grams per litre).
4. In the fourth box, enter the volume of solution you’re using.
5. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
6. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier and the plating time.
7. The concentration of gold remaining and the volume of replenisher to add is shown in the next two boxes.
8. The cost of solution used and weight of gold are shown in the final two boxes.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
0.32 micron per minute at 0.01A/cm2
Maximum plating thickness
18 – 25 °C
4.4 – 5.0
4 grams per litre
Medium to high stirring rate
Gold content in plate
99.9% (balance carbon)
~25% at Plating Factor = 0.03A/cm2
190 – 210 Hv
Density of deposit
Special storage requirements
Away from sunlight
1 – 2 years (see notes)
Health and Safety classification
Contains potassium cyanide (0.15%)
Transport (UN number)
None: Not classified as dangerous for transport
The gold solution will become exhausted between 6 – 8 metal turnovers – one metal turnover being 4 grams of gold plated per litre of solution.
Reduction in plating rate is the most noticeable effect of solution ageing.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £200
International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.
You can access our MSDS by scanning the QR code which is on our product bottles.
Here is a video to show you how;