Our Yellow Gold Tank Plating Solution plates a truer shade of yellow gold, similar to the Swiss colour standard 1N.
You can get a truer idea of the shade of gold plated by ordering our swatch for this process; please see ‘Related Products’ below.
HS Code: 3824 99 70
Can be used with the same equipment included in our High Speed Gold Tank Plating Kit.
You can keep your Yellow Gold Tank Plating Solution depositing bright shiny layers for longer by adding a few drops of our Yellow Gold Tank Brightener, our single shot brightener system: See under ‘Tech Specs’ for more information.
How to use this calculator :
1. In the first box, enter the thickness that you want to plate to in microns.
2. In the second box, enter the surface area of the article in square centimetres (cm2).
3. Click the ‘Calculate’ button.
4. Read off the amp setting for your rectifier and the plating time.
5. The volume of Yellow Gold Tank Replenisher to add at the start of the job is show in the next box.
6. The weight of gold plated is shown in the final box.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
||1 micron every twenty minutes at 0.01 A/cm2
(0.05 micron per minute)
||18 – 25 °C
||3.4 – 3.6
||4 grams per litre
||Medium – high
|Gold content in plate
||30 – 35% at Plating Factor = 0.01A/cm2
|Density of deposit
||Low – medium
|Special storage requirements
||Away from sunlight
||1 – 2 years
|Health and Safety classification
||Contains potassium cyanide (0.15%)
|Transport (UN number)
||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport
- The gold content can be replenished by adding Yellow Gold Tank Replenisher.
- Occasional brightener additions are required. The usual addition is 0.1ml of
Yellow Gold Tank Plating Brightener per one litre of plating solution.
Do not add more than 0.2ml of Yellow Gold Tank Plating Brightener per litre
of solution at any one time.
- Thickness of over 0.5 micron will need light polishing with MPU.
- Plating to Vermeil standard (2.5 microns) is possible however polishing with
MPU will be require to bring up the desired lustre.
- The time taken to attain Vermeil standard is approximately 50 minutes.
Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £200
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
For all price quotations for deliveries, please add your items to our shopping cart. You will be able to see the shipping costs by clicking on the ‘Calculate shipping’ button in the cart and before checking out.
Please click on the link below to download the SDS for this product: