Cleans and removers oxides and other chemically bonded layers from nickel, stainless steels and other chromium alloys.
5 – 7 volts, Carbon Electrode (preferably) or platinum
|Dual purpose preparation solution||Instantly removes the strong oxide layer that quickly builds on nickel, stainless steel and other chromium alloys|
|A very effective final stage cleaner||Ideal for cleaning and activating large surface areas and surfaces with deep recesses|
|Combines activation and electrocleaning in one stage||Speeds up the plating process by streamlining the stages – no need to set up two separate plating trays for the cleaning and activating|
|Voltage Range||5 – 7 volts|
|Temperature||14 – 25 °C|
|Metals Activated||Nickel and stainless steel (see notes)|
|Electrode||Carbon or platinum|
|Activating time||5 – 10 seconds over any one spot|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||Over 5 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Not classified as hazardous|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- Some stainless steels are very passive and require a initial layer of gold plated with Gold Strike
after activating for maximum adhesion.
For instructions on use and guidance with making the best choice from our range of preparation products, please click HERE to see our Electroplating Manual.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.