Brass Effect Gold Mixer
Creates the same shade as freshly polished brass. Scroll down for further information.
Carbon Electrode. Can be used for brush and pen plating.
|Makes a shade of gold that looks like freshly polished brass when mixed with K-Gold at 1:10 ratio||For example, re-plating and up-cycling antique brass bathroom fittings|
|Makes a shade of gold that looks like Ormolu when 0.25ml of Brass Effect Gold Mixer is mixed with 10ml of K-Gold and 1.5 Green Gold||Matching some shades of the antique finish known as Ormolu|
|Ratio of Brass Effect Gold Mixer to K-Gold||Shade Produced||Remarks|
|1:10||Resembles freshly polished 70/30 brass||14 carat alloy. May require polishing|
|1.5:10 (see note below)
When plating on to stainless steel, nickel and its alloys, first plate a layer of 24 carat gold using Gold Flash.
|Plating rate||2.6 microns per minute (1:10 ratio, 3 volts, Carbon Electrode)|
|Temperature||20 – 25 °C|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- The shade can be varied by altering the mix ratio. Increase the ratio for lighter shades; decrease for darker shades.
For more help with preparing our Coloured Metal Mixers, please click HERE to see our Electroplating Manual.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.