When mixed with our Gold Brush Plating Solution creates many different shades of gold from a shade resembling 18-carat yellow gold to pale yellow then on to the greyish shade commonly found in white gold alloys. Can be used for pen and brush plating.
|Can be mixed with our standard Gold Plating Solution (for brush plating) at a ratio of 0.25 to 10||
|You can add more Gold Whitener to lighten the shade further and add less to create a richer shade.||
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||3.0 – 5.0 volts
|Temperature||18 – 25 °C|
|Gold Concentration||Dependent on mix ratio|
|Electrode||Platinum or Carbon (see notes)|
|Gold content in plate||99.9% (yellow gold) – 75% (grey-white)|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, Platinum electrode)||Dependent on mix ration|
|Hardness||From: 220 (yellow gold) – 550 Hv (white gold)|
|Density of deposit||15.0 (yellow gold) – 19.0 g/cm3 (white gold)|
|Stress||Medium stress – high stress|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||Over 3 years|
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes.
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
- Once mixed, use within 30 minutes.
For more information on preparing our Coloured Metal Mixers, please click HERE for our Electroplating Manual.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.