Platinum Brush Plating Solution
A Platinum Plating Solution with 10 grams of platinum per litre that’s been designed specifically for brush plating. It plates a hard wearing, bright white layer. Ideal for both decorative and functional purposes. When plating on to copper or brass, pre-plate with a thick layer of gold, silver or nickel. You will need to use our S-Type Swabs with this solution which can be purchased HERE
Please click HERE for help with placing an order on our Special Orders shop
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||4.0 – 5.0 volts|
|Temperature||20 – 25 °C (25 °C preferred)|
|Platinum concentration||10 g/l|
|Platinum content in plate||Above 99.9%|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, Platinum electrode)||Approx. 0.25 micron per minute (spot) – see notes)|
|Density of deposit||21.4 g/cm3|
|Electrical resistivity of deposit||9.8 micro ohms/cm|
|Maximum deposit thickness||4 – 5 microns|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||Over 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||2796|
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes.
- Higer voltages give greater plating rates, however more gas is liberated and a mist mask is recommended.
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
- Will plate directly onto freshly prepared nickel or stainless steel.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.
Tel: 01225 329 463
Available for the UK and Europe only
About our Special Orders
Some items are regulated for transport and have to be sent separately using our separate Special Orders shopping cart. They can only be delivered to destinations in the UK and countries within the EU. Before placing your order, please read our Special Orders instructions HERE