Spa Plating’s Platinum Electrode, made from platinised titanium, is the best for top quality gold, rhodium and ruthenium plating. Essential for impurity-free plating
- A must for top-quality electroplating
- High spec coating for long-life
|Made from platinum plated (platinised) titanium||Ensures top quality results for all precious metals including gold, rhodium, platinum and ruthenium
Can be used with other plating solutions
Will not darken the swab (as is the case with a carbon electrode).
Note: It is very important to use the correct electrode. If a stainless steel electrode is used for gold plating, iron from the stainless steel will react with the gold chemical and dissolve into the gold plating solution. This will poison it, making the gold insoluble and not able to plate. This will greatly reduce the efficiency of the solution.
Platinum content: 50 g/m2
Titanium base: 99.6% minimum
Operating current density: not more than 80 amps/dm2
pH range: 0.5 – 11
Conditions to avoid: electrolytes containing fluoride, temperatures in excess of 60 centigrade
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.