Gold Pen Plating Solution
Our Gold Pen Plating Solution contains 12 grams of gold per litre and has been developed for use with both our normal plating pen and battery plating pen.
|Specifically designed for use with our Battery Plating Pen and normal plating pen
Can also be used with all other types of plating pen.
|Quickly builds a hard wearing layer of 24 carat gold for decorative and functional applications. Good for selective gold plating of jewellery and PCBs|
|12g of gold per litre||25ml bottle contains 0.3g of gold
50ml bottle contains 0.6g of gold
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||4.0 – 5.0 volts
|Temperature||14 – 25 °C|
|Electrode||Plating Pen/Battery Plating Pen|
|Gold content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon)|
|Plating Rate at (3.5 volts, Platinum electrode)||Approx. 0.5 micron per minute (spot)|
|Hardness||220 – 230 Hv|
|Density of deposit||19.3 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Harmful|
|Special considerations||Contains potassium cyanide (0.45%)|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- We strongly advise against the use of stainless steel anodes for most of our plating processes
- Plating rates are calculated over a sample area which is permanently covered by swab.
Watch Our Video
To see an illustrated project on gold pen plating on silver, please click HERE for our Electroplating Manual.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.