Palladium Pen Plating Solution
A good alternative to our Rhodium Pen Plating Solution for our customers outside the UK and EU as it can be shipped worldwide. Can replace Rhodium for use in white gold plating and as a barrier layer between copper and gold. Contains 25 grams of palladium metal per litre of solution.
- Makes a great alternative to rhodium plating giving an authentic 18 carat white gold or platinum plated look.
- palladium plating solution (unlike rhodium) doesn’t etch materials made of calcium carbonate such as pearl and coral, so you won’t have to worry about masking out these materials before submerging them in your palladium plating bath.
- can be used as a substitute for nickel as a barrier layer for gold plating on copper and its alloys.
- can be used as an alternative to silver as it doesn’t tarnish and is hard-wearing.
- Very low porosity – excellent for corrosion protection.
- Readily wettable by solder and dissolves a lot more slowly than gold in the solder making it an excellent top coat over gold for electrical contacts.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage Range||3.5 – 4.5 volts|
|Temperature||18 – 25 centigrade preferred|
|Electrode||Plating Pen/Battery Plating Pen|
|Palladium content in plate||99.9% (balance carbon and nitrogen)|
|Lightness (L*) of deposit||70 – 72 (Cielab)|
|Plating Rate at (4.0 volts)||0.6 micron per minute 4.5 volts, pointed nib|
|Density of deposit||11.9 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||None|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and Safety classification||Irritant|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
For a fully illustrated project showing you how to use our Palladium Pen Plating Solutions, please click HERE for our Electroplating manual.
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.