Silver Pen Plating Solution
Our Silver Pen Plating Solution has 50 grams of pure silver per litre and has been specially developed for pen plating.
|Highly concentrated – 75 grams of pure silver per litre||Silver plating with all our plating pens, including our Battery Pen Plater|
|Quickly builds a thick layer in excess of 5 microns, without having to continually replenish the pen||A wide range of applications including covering fire stain, solder joints and small areas of wear on EPNS, to more functional jobs such as silver plating electrical contacts|
To work out how much gold solution you will need and how much it will cost to plate your item, please click HERE for our Plating Calculator.
Operating Conditions and Deposit Data
|Voltage||3 – 5 volts|
|Plating rate||1 micron per minute (spot)|
|Temperature||15 – 25 °C|
|Silver concentration in solution||50 g/l|
|Silver content in plate||99.9% (fine silver)|
|Lightness (L*) of deposit||90 – 93 (Cielab)|
|Density of deposit||10.4 g/cm3|
|Special storage requirements||Away from sunlight|
|Shelf life||1 – 2 years|
|Health and safety classification||Irritant|
|Special considerations||None (cyanide-free)|
|Transport (UN number)||None: Not classified as dangerous for transport|
- To obtain full brilliance, lightly rub with MPU Fine or Goddard’s Silver Polish cloth.
For a full guide on using our pen plating solutions and equipment, please click HERE to for our Electroplating Manual
- Certain small items, for example Swabs, Nibs and Plating Pens can be sent by normal post within the UK.
- The courier option for UK deliveries is FedEx
- Free UK mainland delivery available on orders over £100
- International orders usually 3-5 working days.
- For Special Orders outside the UK and the EU, please contact us.